Monday, December 15, 2014

Lolita Resolutions 2015

With 2014 rapidly reaching it's end, I thought I might partake in a good old fashioned tradition. Evaluating the past year, how I and my life has changed, and the new steps in which I hope to pursue in the future. Apply a Lolita spin onto that, and we have Lolita Resolutions for 2015!

I admit, I am wary of referring to these goals, hopes and aspirations as "resolutions". The word has a heavy connotation attached to it, and given how rapidly my life has altered its path over these past few months, it's impossible to say that in just a few more my priorities and circumstances might also grow drastically different. With that disclaimer in mind, onward!


Experiment with my hair
My hair tends to be very flat and often boring. It is naturally wavy but refuses to hold proper curls without half a can of hairspray. My hope is to find at least one new, every day style to wear that's pretty, easy to do, and not just a ponytail or bun.

Take better/more photos:
 I'll be the first to admit it. I detest taking photos. This includes both pictures of myself and taking photos of other people/things. I simply have absolutely zero patience for it and as I'm rather un-photogenic, always wind up frustrated with how I look. Still, on the rare occasion they turn out nice, I do actually very much like to look at them after. And as I expect this to be quite an interesting year, I'd like to try to push myself to actually document it more along the way.

 Invest in underskirts: 
 I have continued to push and push this off, and I realize it's really inhibiting my enjoyment of wearing Lolita. I definitely prefer to wear skirts that are actually at my knee, and I often feel uncomfortable in Lolita that is even just a couple inches too short.

This lovely has been on my wishlist for far too long!
Grow my blouse collection:
This is the bane of my Lolita existence. I seem to have the very, very worst luck when it comes to finding pretty, Lolita or Loliable blouses I can both afford and/or fit into. Over the past few weeks I have come into the very annoying predicament of having far too many skirts (both of the Lolita and non-Lolita variety) with almost nothing but plain tank tops to wear them with! I often avoid the problem by shopping...for more skirts! I really need to focus specifically on blouses and tops as I've already grown weary of recycling through the 3 or 4 I have that are actually suitable for something nicer than the beach.

Socks: 
Just...socks. And tights. I've lamented earlier about my love/hate relationship with tights,but I have this unshakeable belief that many coords look ten times better with pretty, detailed, dainty stockings. While I'll never stop wearing my plain black faithful tights, I am determined to continue working on adding a bit of life into this particular area of my wardrobe.

Find my own personal style:
For as long as I've been dabbling in Lolita and all the research and blogging that's come along with it, I still feel that I don't have a very strong grasp when it comes to my own unique, personal style. More and more lately I've been blending Lolita with non-Lolita pieces and I'm finding that this freedom to experiment has really rekindled my enthusiasm in fashion as a whole. I'm excited to continue searching and finding out what really is going to make me feel beautiful and how I might be able to share what I'm learning along the way with others who are also still on the hunt for their fashion voice.

I realized a little late that this is actually this week's topic for the Lolita Blog Carnival! So I'm going to go ahead and add in some links to my fellow bloggers. As always, thanks for reading!


Raven Snow
The Bloody Tea Party
Diary of a Gothic Lolita
The Kingdom of Frilly Magic
Masquerade Doll
Alice in Lolitaland
OH TRALALA
Geisha Baby
Hello Batty
Lolita Glamour
Classical Doll
Sparkling Girl

0 ink spatters:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...